high school seniors
By completing the Blue River Community Foundation general application, high school students will be eligible for scholarships from over 80 funds. The application deadline is January 15th. The application requires the following items:
- Scholastic profile from your school counselor
- Personal essay (500 words or less)
- Two recommendations (one school affiliation and one professional) We suggest you complete these requests well in advance of the deadline.
- FAFSA completion
- General information (including contact information, education, awards, activities, and employment)
- College plans (including those applied and accepted to, housing, and intended major)
current college students
Current college students and adults who are either returning to or starting college must fill out a different application than high school students. The application deadline is January 15th.
Free application for federal student aid (Fafsa)
Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as part of the general application process. Students can submit the FAFSA as early as October 1st.
Chase Hubler Travel Award: Open to Shelbyville High School students traveling abroad
WHS Class of 1960 Award: Only use this application if not applying through the general online application
Browning Scholarship: For 3rd year or higher college students
A few scholarships are administered by BRCF, but require completion of a separate application. The deadline to apply is January 15th.
Psi Iota Xi Education Award: Must be at least a junior in college, pursuing a degree in fine arts or speech & hearing
Harding Scholarship: Open to Waldron High School students in 9-12 grade with 3 or more years of 4-H membership
Glasson/Hayes Scholarship: For students pursuing medical/related degrees
54 W Broadway Street
Shelbyville, IN 46176
Learn about opportunities to earn cash for college.
Contact Julie Alvis, Youth and Education Program Officer.
Search through our website.